Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catching Up

Okay so clearly I've been taking a little unintentional bloggie break. It's just been a bit of a whirlwind lately between our trip to Houston for the weekend and then jumping back into another work week full force. This will probably be a longish post to get us all caught up.

FRIDAY
So Friday we drove to Houston after work and then I bid adieu to Alex and hopped in the car with my momma. We hauled bootay downtown to the MICHAEL BUBLE CONCERT!!

Because we were in such a rush, we just ate Jason's Deli turkey wraps with fruit for dinner in the car on the way to the show. {And no pictures were taken}

Then we arrived in time to grab a beer and we went to our seats. Michael Buble awesomeness ensued....


Seriously, SUCH a great performer! I don't think I've ever seen a more wonderfully put together concert! He really works hard to make the show as intimate as possible in a giant arena and you can tell that he truly loves and appreciates his fans.

One of the things that surprised me about him was his self-deprecating sense of humor. He wasn't afraid to admit that every man in the audience thinks he is probably gay and make a joke of it. He made several hilarious jokes that had us rolling in laughter.

Another thing I love about him is that he plays the songs people want to hear! So many artists these days only want to play their "new stuff" but he played a great mix of old and new.

If you ever have the chance to see him in concert, DO IT! Enough said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SATURDAY:
Saturday we enjoyed some time playing in my aunt and uncle's pool and then we decided to go out to eat with my mom {dad was out of town}. She took us to a newer restaurant in the CityCentre called Yard House, which serves American fusion cuisine and has an extensive beer list.

First, sorry about the blurry photos that I'm about to show you. My camera unfortunately ran out of juice before this meal so all photos were taken on my blackberry.

To start we ordered a Raw Tuna Stack thingy:

It was basically raw tuna on top of a fried chip of some sort, on top of a slaw salad. It was good, but not the best raw tuna dish I've ever had.

We also decided to be a little bad and ordered the Spinach Cheese Dip:
Which was also very good, but not necessarily better than any other spinach cheese dip I've had at other restaurants.

For my entree I ordered the Seared Scallops which were described as being served over a sundried tomato and mushroom orzo:
Unfortunately the dish was EXTREEEEEEEMELY oily. The flavor was good but it was seriously swimming in oil and I couldn't eat much of it.

Instead I munched on bites of my mom's sliders {which were AMAZING...best sliders I've ever eaten} and my husband's crab cake sandwich {and some of both of their french fries....they were shoestring fries...I can't resist the shoestring kind!!}.

I also had one and a half strawberry mojitos throughout the meal....mmmm mojitos are my fave. However now looking back over what all I ate and drank I am feeling like it's amazing I didn't gain 5 pounds overnight! It was a bit of an indulgent weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUNDAY:
Sunday we drove home but didn't get home until close to 7pm. We had a giant and late lunch at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants before we left so we weren't really wanting a "real" dinner.

My mom had sent us home with some of her "famous" chicken salad so I fixed myself a quick and easy chicken salad sandwich late that night when I finally got hungry:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MONDAY:
Monday we grilled up some steaks with sweet potato oven fries and steamed broccoli & cauliflower for din-din:
I wasn't really feeling the steak at all though so I only ate a few bites of steak and instead chowed down on the sweet potatoes and veggies. I don't know what is wrong with me because usually I'm all about steak but it was honestly not appealing to me at all! I think maybe I'm losing my taste for red meat?!? We shall see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUESDAY:

Tonight I had Bunco night with my group of friends. The hostess, the lovely Lindsey {whom we call "OTF", which is short for "On The Floor"....don't ask!} made us breakfast for dinner: {another blackberry photo....sorry}
A girl after my own heart!! She must have known how much I love me some breakfast for dinner! I had a pancake, a large serving of scrambled eggs, a piece of bacon {okay so maybe I went back for a 2nd piece later}, a piece of sausage and some fruit.

Later I had a piece of cheesecake too. But it was a Cooking Light recipe soooooo doesn't count! Right?!?

It was delicious! Alas, I didn't win any prizes at Bunco this time but at least I got some yummy food and fun times with my friends out of it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annnnnnnnd DONE. Phew!! I feel so much better now that I'm all caught up. It was making me anxious knowing how behind I was getting. I'm so glad to be caught up!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and hopefully I'll be back to my normal blogging schedule tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. No taste for red meat????....hmmmmm, makes me wonder ;) Red meat hasn't sounded good to me in I don't know, 19 weeks or so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I was SO EXCITED to see more of Buble (I even reviewed his concert on ticketmaster because I liked it so much-haha!) Your MB pics kicked my MB pics' butts.

    PS-send your steak over here, I'll eat it. YUM.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)