Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Fishy Twilight Date Night

Saturday night was a laid back date night! Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well all day on Saturday so we had to cancel some plans we had to go out of town for the night. After laying around for most of the day I started to feel better so Alex insisted that we get out of the house for a date. It didn't take much coercing when he mentioned that we could go to dinner somewhere and I could pick a movie! :)

We decided to go to a local cajun seafood restaurant called Fish City Grill. We started the meal off with some delicious drinks...I had a "Summer Sangria" and Hubs had a Stella Artois.


Then we ordered the Oyster Nachos to start...

Sooooo good! I just wish there had been more of them. It was basically just chips with a fried oyster and pico de gallo on top. Simple, but somehow the flavors all worked so well together!

Hubs ordered the Parmesan Crusted Marlin with a Bloody Mary Marinara...

He really liked it! He said the marlin was so meaty he could have mistaken it for a pork chop. I tried a bite and I also give it my seal of approval. YUM!

For my entree I ordered the Blackened Wahoo with Mediterranean Couscous and Cheesy Cauliflower...

This was really, really good too! I had never had Wahoo before and I really like it! It was perfectly seasoned and cooked. The Mediterranean couscous was possibly my favorite part though! I have no idea what was in it but it seemed sort of like a risotto made with Israeli couscous.

I only ate about half of my meal so I could save room for this....

YOGURT! My favorite! My mix included cheesecake & strawberry swirl with raspberries, mini chocolate chips & graham cracker crumbs.

After dinner we headed over to the movie theater and I chose to see ECLIPSE!! I felt a little guilty dragging my husband to this movie but I had really been wanting to see it and I figured I should take advantage of his "pick any movie you want" statement while it lasted. :)

I think Eclipse was definitely the best installment of the Twilight movies yet! Even Hubs said "It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be." WOW! That's high praise from him.

What started out as a crappy day of not feeling well turned into a great evening out with my best friend. I love date nights!

Seen any good movies lately?? Tell me about them!

2 comments:

  1. I saw an Iron Chef episode this weekend where the secret ingredient was Wahoo...so I know all about it, except who won the battle b/c I accidently fell asleep right as they were about to taste the food! I hate when I do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't come around to the twilight saga... did you read the books? Everyone says I'll like it once I read the books...

    We watched 'Duplicity' the other night... and it was a mind-twister- very good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)