Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Recap Time!

I had a great (albeit too fast) weekend so here's a little recap...

FRIDAY:

We went to a minor league baseball game with friends! We ate dinner at the ballfield and I got a grilled chicken sandwich with curly fries (plus a beer!). The chicken breast was so itty-bitty it was laughable! I wish I had taken a picture of it but it was so HOT out there (even at 7pm) that I was pretty much doing everything I could to stay cool (including not moving to grab my camera).

SATURDAY:

We went to a going away party for friends who are (obviously) moving away. The husband is getting out of the Army and joining the FBI, which is very cool, but we will miss them both dearly! Again, I was feeling lazy with the picture-taking so I took exactly ZERO photos. Doh! That's so unlike me!

Anyway the party was a potluck and there was a nice spread of brisket, macaroni salad, baked beans, etc. I brought s'more bars, olive focaccia, strawberry balsamic salad and guacamole. Quite the random assortment of food, yes, but all delicious!

The party entertainment consisted of many games of Cornhole. I had never played before {apparently it's a Midwestern thing?} but it is basically tossing a bean bag into a hole. Sounds easy, right? I thought I would be especially good at it since I played softball in highschool but....not so much. I don't know what my problem was but I was NOT good.


Have you played Cornhole before? Are you any good at it? What's the secret?

Also, what's your favorite dish to bring to a potluck? I always have trouble deciding on what to bring {hence the reason why I brought 4 things...ha!}.

I planned on recapping Sunday in this post too but after typing it all out it's getting to be a super long post so I'll do it separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)