Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

No Chance in Hell

Did anyone else have a manic Monday like me? Gahhhhh. It was even harder than usual to get back in the swing of things at work this week, I think because last week I was out of the office in a training class most of the time. Playing catchup stresses me outtttttt. I don't like being overwhelmed. Humph!

I came home feeling pretty wiped but forced myself to do 30 Day Shred level 2...Gotta burn off all those calories I drank and ate this weekend!

There wasn't a chance in hell I was going to cook dinner tonight, so luckily we had planned a meal that is super easy and Alex was completely willing to put it together. Sometimes things just work out the way they should in life. :)


That would be one of very favorite easy and healthy{ish} meals:

-Whole Wheat Spaghetti with jarred sauce
-Grilled Hot Italian Turkey Sausage links
-Steamed-in-a-Bag Broccoli


Seriously one of our favorite meals and it is so easy. Gotta love that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now switch gears with me and rewind to last night because I still need to fill you in on what we ate for dinner! The in-laws were still in town last night so my father-in-law cooked! YES! House guests who cook me dinner on occasion are MORE than welcome in my house! :)

He made an amazing deeeeeeelicious seafood dish with a tomato sauce called Cioppino, which he saw featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives earlier in the day. I forgot to take a picture {bad blogger!} but here's a link to the recipe that he took inspiration from. It was sooooo good! Ours had crab legs, mussels, clams, shrimp and fish. He served the tomatoey seafood with fresh bread for lots of dipping.

Alex and I loved it so much that we plan on making it again sometime soon so hopefully I will get a picture of it then for blogging's sake. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome easy dinner! I had a blah Monday too. Glad it is just about over!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)