Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tried and True

Tired summer nights are the perfect times for one of our favorite, easy meals: BLTAM's!!!!!



What's for Dinner? 6/21/2010

-BLTAM's on Whole Wheat
-Half a Nuked Sweet Potato with a dollop of low-fat vanilla yogurt

Mmmmm!

We did try cooking the bacon in the oven for the first time...but it just turned out kinda "eh". Kinda soggy, not crispy at all, kinda greasy. Not sure what we did wrong. We cooked it at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.

Do you cook your bacon in the oven? How do you do it? Our bacon needs your help! :)

3 comments:

  1. yummmmmmmmmmm I <3 BLTAs! I made some not long ago with fresh sour dough... oh man, I gotta make 'em again!

    I cook my bacon in the microwave. I like my bacon extra crispy and it's the only way I can get it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good with the avocado addition! I always cook bacon in a skillet on the stovetop, but we eat turkey bacon, and it's really the only way my husband says it cooks up close enough to the taste of regular. PS, saw your post from the weekend and I love cornhole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you put your bacon on top of a rack on top of a cookie sheet? If not, try that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)