Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

A New Glue for You

What's for Dinner? 6/11/2010

-Honey Mustard Pretzel Crusted Chicken Fingers
-Steamed Brocc
-Microwave-Baked Sweet Potato w/ a pat of buttah and a sprinkle of cinnamon

Chicken fingers are loved by everyone, right? But sometimes it's hard to healthify them and still keep them crispy and delicious tasting. When I saw Bees Knees Life blog about coating her chicken fingers in pretzels I thought "Why the heck didn't I think of that?!"

In her adaptation she actually used egg whites and Honey Mustard flavored pretzels to coat the tenders but I decided to change it up a bit. I thought I would use actual honey mustard as the "glue" and regular pretzels for the coating. I love using dijon or honey mustard as glue for coating meat because it adds more flavor than just egg and has about the same amount of calories.

I'll definitely be making these again!


Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken Fingers:
Inspired by Bees Knees Life

Crush about 1 cup of pretzels into crumbs. Dry off a package of chicken tenders with paper towels. Brush each chicken tender with enough honey mustard to coat them and then roll around in the pretzel crumbs until completely coated. Place the fingers on a rack placed on top of a baking sheet (so the bottoms don't get soggy) and bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

By the way, there was no What's for Dinner post last night because we had an Army dinner function thingy to go to {Hail & Farewell}. I don't want yall thinking I am starting to slack off or hiding dinners from yall! :)

1 comment:

  1. I made these tonight and since I don't like mustard I used ranch for some of them and Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce on the others...the wing sauce ones were especially good!! Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)