Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pizza, Pizza! {What's for Dinner 3/12/2010}

Another Friday during Lent, another no-meat pizza! This time we took some homemade pizza dough out of the freezer and loaded it up with mushrooms, red onion, fresh basil, garlic & red bell pepper {no bell pepper on my half though}.

Alex PILED his side up...mine was more modest.


Unfortunately this pizza was just okay. I don't think we let our frozen dough come to room temperature for long enough because it really didn't rise at all. Plus we didn't have enough dough so it ended up being a reaaally thin crust. Alex also tried a new trick to make the pizza sauce stretch a little further by adding tomato paste to it...I didn't like it this way at all. It just tasted like pure tomato paste to me with no spices or flavor. Oh well, you live and you learn! It was a good idea in theory. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you just have homemade pizza dough sitting in your freezer like it's no big deal. It's cute :-)-Kat

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)