Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Indian LOVE {What's for Dinner? 3/22/2010}

I've been craving Indian food lately for some odd reason and I just happened to remember that there's an Indian restaurant down the road that we had never tried before. SCORE! Tonight both Alex and I had to work late so we decided it was a good night to go out to eat.

I think I had forgotten just how much I looooooovvvee Indian food! OMG. So spicy and full of flavor and just delicious! The prices are a little more than we like to spend {around $14/person for a dinner plate} but JUST LOOK at all this food that they give you:

That's Chicken Curry on the far left which was INCREDIBLY good. I think it may have been my favorite curry I've ever had. I was dipping my naan in the sauce like a mad woman because the sauce was so good.

I'm not really sure what the middle bottom dish was called but it was like a curried potato side dish. Pretty good but not as good as the rest of the stuff.

The middle top dish is Dal Makhani, which they describe as "lentils cooked in butter and spices". Loved this too!

The far right is basmati rice, obviously, but on the menu they call it "pullao rice".

Then there was the.....

...NAAN!!!!! My favorite part, I think. This naan was so perfect. Hot, salty-ish, garlicky, tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, CRAZY GOOD.

And the best part is that I have enough leftovers for at LEAST one lunch, maybe two! It was so. much. food.

1 comment:

  1. When you divide out the extra 1 or 2 meals you get $14 isn't so bad! I have never had Indian food but it looks delicious...especially the naan!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)