Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Kim's Baby Shower & What's for Dinner? 3/27/2010

So Saturday was the day of the big shower that I was co-hosting for my lifelong BFF, Kim. It was held at the other hostess' house {Thanks, Megan!} and we went with an over-the-top baby pink theme. This was the first baby shower that I've ever thrown so it was a bit of a learn-as-you-go experience. I thought I'd share some of our ideas for anybody who may be planning a baby shower in the future...


We served chocolate covered strawberries.



And fresh fruit.


And my mom's famous chicken salad on mini-crossaints.


I made this sign by buying cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby, painting them pink, and then mod podgeing scrapbook paper to the front.


We used cloth diapers as napkins.



I made these favors...there were two options: pink candies or white chocolate dipped oreos. Food table in the background.


Drink station! We served a delicious pink punch {recipe below}, water, tea and grapefruit mimosas. All drinks were served out of glass baby bottles with pink straws.

Baby Shower Pink Punch

1 can frozen pink lemonade concentrate (thawed)

1 can frozen cranberry-raspberry concentrate (thawed)

2 2-liter bottles strawberry soda

2 quarts pineapple sherbet


Combine first 3 ingredients in a punch bowl and then drop in dollops of the sherbet. Enjoy!




My mom made this ADORABLE diaper cake! I have no idea how she did it but I wish I did. The gifts on either side were the prizes for the game winners {they were just Bath & Body Works wallflowers}.


I made these Grecian Party Squares {click for recipe}.



I also made these mini-quiche. There were two varieties: ham & cheese and spinach & swiss.



Mini cupcakes that we purchased from a local bakery.


Sun-dried Tomato Hummus served with pita chips {I made the hummus same as I would any other normal hummus but just added some sun-dried tomatoes}.



The guest of honor opening her many gifts.



Guests and guest of honor!



Me & my lifelong BFF, who is going to be a MOM! Crazy! My mom brought some old photos of Kim and I from when we were babies/growing up and they were so funny! I will have to scan them sometime soon so I can share. :)

Overall I think it was a very successful shower, especially for it being my first!

By the way, on Saturday night we went out to a hibachi restaurant for dinner with my mom {since she was in town for the shower}. It was tons of fun but I didn't take any pictures! :(

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you did an amazing job with the shower! Everything is so adorable, especially those napkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything was fabulous! The food was amazing and all of the decorations were adorable! Thank you Ashley for being my best friend...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, can you please tell me how you folded your napkins? I've tried every way but it's not working! Many thanks in advance x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These details are amazing. You are literally an overachiever. All of these food ideas for party have just inspired me a lot. I am totally in love with the photos and now thinking to add some of this stuff in my sister’s bridal shower party that I would be hosting at some nearby rental spaces for parties.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)