Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book Review: Dear John



25 Books in 2010:


1. The Gastronomy of Marriage by Michelle Maisto {click here for my review}

2. Shelter Me by Juliette Fay {click here for my review}

3. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
I first heard about this book back in December through work and I was immediately intrigued by the romance with a soldier premise of the book. However, I have never been much of a fan of Nicholas Sparks books {although I love the movie version of The Notebook} so I was a bit unsure of how I would feel about it.

Well this book pretty much gets filed along with all the other Nicholas Sparks books I've read: only so-so. I just find his books somewhat boring and contrived. Plus, the ones I've read so far have all pretty much followed the same format of tortured love. Kinda gets boring after a while, ya know?

I think the best judge of this book was whether or not I wanted $8 to see the movie in theaters after reading the book. The answer to that is no, I do not have any interest in seeing the movie in theaters now. {And that's saying a lot because I think Channing Tatum is HOT! ;-) }

Cupcakes & Combat Boots Rating: 2 stars

1 comment:

  1. I saw the movie... 3/4 of the movie had some potential but the final 1/4 of the movie was very dissapointing. The ending wasnt developed enough and it just left you with this incomplete feeling. The whole movie had potential but it fell way short in my estimate. NOT worth the $ to see it in the theater. It's no where near The Notebook in terms of must have chick flick movies!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)