Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What's for Dinner? 2/3/2010

Fish Tacos with Avocado-Cilantro Sauce
with spanish rice {the instant kind that comes out of a bag} and avocado slices

These would have been very good, except that the fish we used must have been in the freezer for too long or something because it was waaaayyyy too fishy-tasting. I couldn't even eat my tacos, which made me very sad because they were so good minus the nasty fish taste. I ended up eating my rice, avocado and a PB&J sandwich. :(



These are super-easy to make. You just season the fish filets {we used Tilapia} with garlic salt & lemon pepper and cook in a pan until the fish is flaky. Then you flake the fish apart into chunks and serve in warm corn tortillas with chopped red cabbage and avocado-cilantro sauce.

To make the avocado-cilantro sauce you process about 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (or plain yogurt) with a handful of cilantro, juice of 1 lime, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder & half avocado together in a food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)