Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

50 Books in 2010

Along with my goal to blog about "What's for Dinner?" every night, I've also set a personal goal/resolution to read 50 books in 2010.

I love love love reading but I don't always set aside enough time to dedicate to reading. I usually read before bed but I often find myself getting into bed so late that I just skip the reading so that I can get a full night of sleep {and trust me, I'm the type of person who NEEDS her sleep...I don't know how you night owls do it!}.

So I'm hoping that by making this my resolution and blogging about it as I go along, this will keep me aware and maybe allow me to set aside more reading time each day.

I'm a little nervous about this though because I am a slooowwww reader. I have to take my time in order to really comprehend what is happening. Otherwise, I find myself going "What did I just read on those last 10 pages?"

Hopefully I can make it happen. And you can be sure that I will blog about my progress right here on Cupcakes & Combat Boots!

So here we go: The Inaugural 50 Books in 2010 Post.

1. The Gastronomy of Marriage by Michelle Maisto
GREAT book!! Highly recommend for anyone who is a foodie or loves to cook. Also great for newlyweds, young married couples, or soon-to-be married couples.
Cupcakes & Combat Boots Rating: 5 stars
Next up: Shelter Me by Juliette Fay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)