Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Panko Crusted Cod {What's for Dinner? 2/28/2010}

Panko Crusted Cod with Roasted Brocc & GB {garlic bread}

This was the meal we had planned for Friday but, as you know, got pushed off in favor of pizza. I'm glad we finally made it though because it was a good one!


I got the idea for this fish preparation from a Martha Stewart recipe I made in the past. It basically involved brushing pork chops with dijon mustard and then coating in panko breadcrumbs. It was a very tasty, healthy and delicious way to make "oven-fried" pork chops so I thought it might work for fish too. And it did! The mustard adds great flavor and "glue" for the coating and the panko adds that awesome crispiness.

All you do to prepare Panko Crusted Cod is brush each fillet of fish with dijon mustard and then coat in panko. Then bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until fish is flaky. I recommend cooking the fish on a rack, placed on top of a cookie sheet to keep the bottom from getting soggy. {We didn't do this but we will next time.}

Also try this coating with chicken or pork chops!

1 comment:

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)