Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Ranch

Since receiving my Digital SLR camera for Christmas, I've been getting more and more into photography. I love experimenting with photographing things and seeing something simple and uninteresting turn into an interesting and beautiful photo.

While spending time at my family's ranch over New Years, I had a blast taking photos of all the interesting things and beautiful backdrops. I was pretty happy with how some of the photos turned out but I was really wanting to learn how to edit photos.

That's when I discovered Picasa, which is a photo editing software that you can download for FREE! And it's super easy to use too. So since finding out about Picasa I've been going crazy with adding a few special touches to some of my favorite photos. I think the edits really take some of the photos over the top.

Here are some of my favorites:













The ranch is one of my favorite places in the world to be so I'm thrilled to have some photos to do it justice.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics! You make your brother look 6'3"/180 lbs! It makes me really sorry we couldn't make it. Thanks for posting.

    Angie MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, you are very talented. I am impressed and enlightened :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)