Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Product Review: LARABAR


I've been on more of a health kick as of late and I'd read a lot of good things about LARABAR. I tend to be super-picky about bars, but I saw some at my grocery store so I bought one to give it a shot.

The wrapper says "The Original Fruit & Nut Food Bar"...not sure what makes them "the original" but whatev. The back of the wrapper also says "We at LARABAR believe that a healthy mind, body and spirit are derived from what you eat - and that food is healthiest and most satisfying at its simplest, most natural state. Made from 100% real food {as opposed to fake food? WTF??}, LARABAR is energy in its purest form. A magical harmony of fruits, nuts and spices, LARABAR harvests the best natural ingredients to lift your vitality and sustain energy with every bite. Simple. Pure. Delicious."

So, my review of the bar is two thumbs up...YUM!! It tastes just like a cherry pie, only perhaps a bit "nuttier". This becomes even more impressive when you look at the ingredient list: dates, almonds & unsweetened cherries. What?!?!? That's it??? How did they make those three things taste just like cherry pie??

To make the bar even better, it's a good source of fiber (4g) and it's cholesterol, sodium, gluten, dairy & soy free. Plus, it provides 1 full serving of fruit! And I'm sure you're wondering about the nutritional facts: 190 calories, 8g of fat and 4g of protein. Not bad!

I definitely plan on snatching up as many of these bars as I can next time I'm at the grocery store. {So if you live in my area you may have to fight me for them!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)