Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Your Best Body Challenge

Today on Twitter I saw a link to the Women's Health magazine "Your Best Body" workout and diet plan. I clicked on it and immediately thought, "I should do this! This looks totally doable!" I've been lacking in my ability to plan our meals in advance lately, so I thought this would be a great way to get myself back into a routine.

Also, I am looking at this as kind of an experiment of sorts. I generally eat very healthy throughout the week; lots of fruit & veggies, whole grains only, lean meats, etc. but I am curious to see if following a set plan will jump start weight loss. (My weight has been kind of stagnant lately, despite my healthy eating & fitness habits. I'm not looking to lose a lot more weight (I've already lost about 12 pounds), but I wouldn't mind another 5 or so pounds coming off!)

The "Your Best Body" plan seems very easy to follow and self-explanatory. They have recipes, eating out tips, shopping lists, and more all for FREE on the website! The recipes are simple and not too complicated if you're new to cooking.

Anyway, the reason I'm going on and on about this is because I am going to do the "Your Best Body" plan for one week and I'm going to try to post daily about how it's going for the next week. I know only a week may seem kind of silly, but I am hesitant to commit to longer than that for now. Maybe I will continue after a week, maybe I won't. We shall see.

Today I downloaded the Week 1 shopping list, went to the grocery store and stocked up on all the items I didn't have in my pantry or fridge already. I was expecting it to be a super-expensive grocery bill, but it was actually LESS than I normal spend at the grocery store for a week! Bonus!

I'm also planning on loosely following the "Your Best Body" workout plan for a pear-shaped body type. They have workout plans designed specifically for all the different body types! Cool, right? (I'm not going to follow the fitness plan exactly though because I do still want to keep up with my running 3x per week and yoga 1x per week.)

So that's it! I'm starting officially on Monday, but I wanted to post about it today just in case any of you guys want to follow along and participate with me! You should still have plenty of time to run to the grocery store and stock up on supplies.

So, any takers? :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I might be in! I have been really frustrated lately with feeling bigger even though I am working out considerably more. Plus some of those recipes look yummy! I may play with the recipes some ( i.e. I won't be cooking the fish recipes!)I'm anxious to see how you like it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)