Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

YBBC - Day 4

Well I think it's safe to say I've been slacking on my YBBC recap posts! Oopsie! Time to start catching up with a Day 4 recap.

Like I mentioned in my last post, Thursday we spent the night out of town in Tucson so I got a little thrown off of my normal schedule. Here is what the plan called for:


But here's what actually happened:

BREAKFAST
Frozen waffle topped with vanilla greek yogurt, berry "syrup", and coconut flakes. Plus I ate the remainder of the container of greek yogurt with the remainder of the berry "syrup" on top. This breakfast was SO YUMMY!! Best one of the week fo 'sho!
I made the berry "syrup" by tossing about 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries in a small saucepan and turning the heat on medium. Then I added a splash of orange juice and a drizzle of maple syrup. I let that mixture cook down a little until the berries released their juices. Then I stirred in a tablespoon or two of flour to the mix to thicken the sauce. That's it! It was so easy and SO GOOD. It would be great on pancakes, waffles, ice cream, and much more.

MORNING SNACK

Wasn't needed.

LUNCH
A turkey, avocado, spinach & dijon sandwich on whole wheat....eaten on the road (don't worry - I was safe)!


AFTERNOON SNACK
I had a little time to kill before I could check into our hotel so I went to a nearby Starbucks and drank an iced coffee. I always order my iced coffee with a pump of some sort of flavored syrup (this time I went with cinnamon) and then I add my own half and half to my liking.

After we checked in we realized that part of being a Hilton Rewards member meant that we got free access to a happy hour at the hotel. I'm never one to pass up free food or drinks, so of course we had to check it out.

I had two glasses of white wine plus a small plate of chips & salsa, raw carrots, some sort of ham & cheese thing served on a slice of baguette (it was good!) and a potato skin. I went back for seconds and got another potato skin and a little more chips & salsa. It was a yummy snack!

DINNER

For dinner we headed to one of our favorite chain restaurants, BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse.
I ordered the Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, which were good, but I was pretty full from the happy hour food so I only ate half. (Though I did also eat quite a few of Hubs' potato wedges....he didn't want them and I couldn't let them go to waste!!)


FITNESS

Didn't manage to fit in a workout today. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)