Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

This Week in Fitness



Monday 4/4:
10 lb Slimdown Lower + 10 lb Slimdown Upper + 20-min Treadmill Hill Workout

Tuesday 4/5: 31 minute jog (~3.07 miles)

Wednesday 4/6: 30 Day Shred Level 3 + Quick & Dirty 20-minute HIIT Workout (scroll down for the workout)

Thursday 4/7: 50-min walk with Husband and Dog + Yoga to the People 60-min podcast (they're FREE on iTunes!)

Friday 4/8: 34 minute jog (~3.25 miles) + Tone it Up's Lean Abs Pyramid (Only took about 10 minutes and was an ab burner!)

Saturday 4/9: Rest day

Sunday 4/10: 39 minute jog (~3.85 miles) (I wasn't expecting to go for more than 3.25 miles, but I felt great so I just kept going!)

Quick & Dirty 20-minute HIIT Workout
0-4 min = warm up walk
4-5 = sprint
5-6 = power walk
6-17 = repeat 1 min sprint/1 min walk
17-21 = cool down walk

Favorite Fitness Moment of the Week: Discovering the free yoga podcasts on iTunes! It was challenging to only have the voice telling you what to do and not being able to see it in action, but I really enjoyed it. I am constantly amazed at how many great FREE fitness opportunities there are out there! You don't have to spend a lot of money on a gym membership to get a great workout.

Favorite Fitness Tune of the Week: This week my "tune" is a little different...I actually started listening to an audio book during my runs! I bought the book Cutting for Stone via iTunes and the time seems to fly by! One of my biggest problems during runs is that I can't get out of my own head ("when is this going to be over?" or "I'm going so slow"), so having the distraction of a book is really helpful.

Have you ever tried listening to an audio book while you workout? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)