Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

New Haircut + Workout Achievement


I got a haircut today!

Lately my hair had been really bugging me because it was looking frayed and unhealthy. Most days I had just been tossing it back in a ponytail or a bun, so I knew it was time for a cut.

I'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to my hair. I actually like to change up my looks and I'm pretty laid back about it. Many times I'll just tell the stylist to "do whatever you think will look good". Also, I'm notorious for growing my hair out and then chopping it off short the moment it gets "long enough" and then repeating the cycle over and over again.

Lately though I've been enjoying having it longer because I can do so much more with it...curl it, braid it, put it in a bun, etc. So I decided I wanted to keep the length but just cut off the frayed ends and such.

I basically just told my stylist to "clean it up a bit" and let her have at it.

This is what I got:


I'm really happy with it! It's pretty similar to my last haircut except I didn't want the short bangs this time. She cut off 2-3 inches (she said 2 but I definitely think it was more like 3, which is fine), so it feels significantly shorter and lighter.

I also really like the way she styled it (she blow-dried it with a round brush), but I know it will never look like this again. :) I told the stylist that I don't understand how they always manage to make it looks so great. I don't have the hand and wrist dexterity to manage all that brush and hairdryer coordination!

With a snazzy new hairstyle, I felt like I should have gone out or something. But instead, I pranced around the house for about 5 minutes to let my husband get a good look at the new hairstyle and then I changed into workout attire and pulled my pretty new hairstyle back in a ponytail.

What can I say? My life is so glamorous!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to tell you a little bit about my workout today because I finally, FINALLY moved up to Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred.

I've been on Level 2 for at LEAST 2 months now (if not more) but was too scared/intimidated to move up to Level 3 since Level 2 was still kicking my ass.

Well today was the day to conquer my fears.

And it was freaking hard...
but I made it.


(Apparently I was in the mood to mug for the camera tonight....red-faced and all!)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We're headed back to College Station to watch another Texas A&M football game!

Are you the type who likes to stick with the same haircut for a long time or are you a changer-upper? I'm usually a changer-upper but apparently I was more in the mood to stick with the same this time.

P.S. No dinner post tonight because we had leftovers from last night.

1 comment:

  1. I usually keep my hairstyle for awhile. I've been growing out my hair since last April so every month it's different! :]

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)