- 2 pounds ground beef (1 lb ground beef & 1 lb ground turkey breast)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
In a large pot over medium heat, cook meat until brown; drain. Stir in onion and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes. Stir in beans, tomato juice, diced tomatoes and pumpkin puree. Season with pumpkin pie spice, chili powder and sugar. Simmer 1 hour. Makes 8 servings.
We served it with cornbread on the side and topped with cheese, avocado & plain greek yogurt.
Alex's only complaint with this chili was that it wasn't spicy, but he just added hot sauce to his portion and was happy. It makes a TON of chili, so I plan on freezing smaller portions of it for reheating later. Chili is very freezer-friendly!