Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wanted: More Flavor

What's for Dinner? 5/26/2010

-Fettucine with Creamy Red Pepper-Feta Sauce
-Steamed Broccoli

The other day I was trying to organize my cookbooks a little bit and I stumbled across Ellie Krieger's The Food You Crave. I bought this cookbook on an impulse a couple years ago and haven't really used it much since. If you don't know much about Ellie Krieger, she is a registered dietitian who first caught my eye when she had a show on the Food Network.

I flipped through the cookbook and landed on this recipe for Fettucine with Creamy Red Pepper-Feta Sauce and decided to give it a shot.


Unfortunately, it was a little bland but it had potential. When I was searching for an online version of the recipe to post to the blog, I started reading some of the reviews on FoodNetwork.com and apparently I'm not the only one who thought it was a bit bland.

I think next time I would add some fresh basil and red pepper flakes to the sauce to give it a little more zip! Although we didn't love it, I do think it's worthy of another try with a few minor adjustments.

Want the recipe?

Here it is. Let me know if you have any luck tweaking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)