Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Time for my first official MilSpouse Friday Fill-In! Check out Wife of a Sailor's blog for more info and the links to other blogger's Fill-Ins.

1. Since most of the country has had nasty weather, what has your weather been like this week? We actually got pretty darn cold the past two days in Southern Arizona...lows in the single digits and highs only in the 20's. However, today it's supposed to be a high in the 50's so it looks like we are warming up! No snow for us though...I'm jealous of my Texas fam & friends who are getting a snow day today!

2. What is/are your best money saving tip(s)?
When it comes to grocery shopping, I am way too lazy to cut coupons, and then even if I do cut them I ALWAYS forget to use them. Always. So my only money saving tip is to plan your grocery lists and only buy what's on the list. Also, use up what you have before you buy more. I'm still working on this but it does help. :)

If we're talking about saving money in general, we always put any "extra" money that comes our way (birthday checks, tax refunds, etc.) into a special savings account (in our case it's into a "Home Savings" account). That way we aren't tempted to spend the money on something frivolous. It adds up pretty quick if you do this every time you get extra money!

3. What was your favorite vehicle you’ve ever owned??
I've actually only ever driven 2 cars in my lifetime and I didn't really pick out either of them for myself: the one my parents bought for me in high school (a '99 Honda CR-V) and the one I'm currently driving (a '08 Jeep Patriot that my husband passed down to me after he upgraded to a Truck...so kind of him). I'm actually not that fond of either of those cars. I'm still waiting for the day that I get to pick out a car that I love for myself....it will probably be something along the lines of a Grand Cherokee or a Highlander.

4. What is a question you’d like to see asked in a future fill-in? (Your question & blog just may appear one week!) (I have no idea what questions have been asked in the previous 27 weeks so apologies if these are repeats)

What was your worst and best duty station to date?

Pick your favorite deployment coping mechanism (or add your own): wine, girlfriends, chocolate, fitness, etc.

What is your favorite place to shop for clothes for yourself?

5. Fill in the blank: You might be a MilSpouse if….
(I will be including some of your answers in a future post (with a link to your blog, of course!)


You might be a MilSpouse if you give things to Goodwill just because you can't stand the thought of unpacking them AGAIN the next time you move.

You might be a MilSpouse if you have friends in more states than you can count.

You might be a MilSpouse if you answer "I have no idea" when people ask you what comes next for you and your husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)