Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MilSpouse Fill-In

I discovered a blog today called Wife of a Sailor. Each Friday she posts questions for all military spouses to answer and calls it "MilSpouse Friday Fill-in". I've decided to start participating, if for no other reason than to get me thinking from time and time. I also think this is a great way to get to know other military spouses and get their opinions and advice on things.


I know today isn't Friday, but I couldn't wait until Friday to start participating so I am going to post last Friday's questions and go ahead and answer them today. Then from each Friday here on out I will make an effort to participate.

If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?

Romantic comedies, for sure! I love fluffy movies and can hardly stand to watch anything too intense. Plus, I would love to have an excuse to kiss someone like Ryan Reynolds (shhh...don't tell the husband).

What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?

I would travel around Europe for a whole month....my stops would include France, England, Ireland, Switzerland, Italy, Spain and (the one I want to visit the most) GREECE!
Did you have pets growing up?

Yes! I've always been an animal lover so I suckered my parents into letting us adopt one of the kittens from a next door neighbor when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. That cat, Whiskers, just recently passed away....she was OLD and senile but we loved her! We also always had a dog. When I was younger we had a black lab named Maggie and then when she passed we got another black lab named Bonnie. They were my BFFs growing up and I miss them both!

What do you do for exercise?

I always try to stay on top of exercising but I tend to go through phases with it. Right now, I'm on a healthy kick so I am exercising at least 5 times a week. I get bored easily though so I try to mix it up as much as possible. I love doing at-home workouts with DVDs such as 30 Day Shred and The Firm series. I also have a treadmill at home where I will do walking/jogging intervals. If I'm not feeling up to doing a real workout I just take the dog for a long walk or do a yoga or pilates DVD. Lately I've also been letting my husband take me to the gym with him and he puts me through his kettlebell workout...it's a toughie! In the past I've really enjoyed taking Spinning or BodyPump classes, but I'm not doing those right now. (I told you I mix it up a lot!)


What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received as a MilSpouse?

Keep your chin up, look forward to the future, control what you can but let go of what you can't and always, ALWAYS be prepared for change. (That's more like a compilation of several pieces of advice but you get the picture.)

Looking forward to doing more of these MilSpouse fill-ins!

{Edited to add some photos...sorry some of them are so big!}

2 comments:

  1. I love her blog. I used to answer it every week this past fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jen - It's great! I can't believe it took me this long to take notice of her blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)