Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #47

Check out Wife of a Sailor's blog for more info on the fill-in.


1. Have you (spouse) ever considered joining the military and what do you think of dual military couples?
No, I never considered joining the military. To be honest, I'm just not cut out for it and I'm perfectly okay with that! I totally respect dual military couples for making that double sacrifice, but it's not for us.

2. What is your idea of a perfect Sunday afternoon? It really depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Some days I would like to just be lazy and watch movies, some days I would like to bake all afternoon, and some days I would like going for a hike or doing something fun.

3. What do you usually do for the 4th of July holiday? Usually we travel to my family's ranch for the 4th. It usually involves lots of relaxation, swimming, eating good food, campfires and fireworks. This is the first year that we're living outside of Texas so it will be an adjustment to not be able to travel to the ranch this year. Luckily, we've made some great friends here in Arizona so we're having them over for a cookout on Sunday!

4. If they could make an Olympic event JUST for you that you know you’d medal in, what would it be? Oh gosh I have no idea! Maybe professional Facebook stalker? HAHA. That was my husband's suggestion....and I am pretty good at it.

5. What have you been doing to get yourself bathing suit ready for the summer? I've been on a mission to lose weight and tone up ever since January when we moved to Arizona. I figured since I didn't have a job anymore, I really didn't have any excuse not to work out. So far I've lost about 17 pounds and I feel GREAT! Check out any of my "This Week in Fitness" posts to see what I've been doing to work out. To sum things up though, I've been trying to workout 5-6 days a week and I also watch what I eat. I don't count calories or anything but I do pay attention to try not to overdo it. Eat whole grains, lots of fruit & veggies, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Ok seriously what the heck is with our husbands?? After ian said "being short" he goes "or checking facebook." Good to know they appreciate us ;-) I'm thinking they owe us!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)