Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just Finished Reading...not-so-intellectual novels

It's been a while since I've posted anything about books and I've managed to read quite a few in that time frame. However, if you're looking for thought-provoking, intelligent books, please stop reading right now. None of these books are that. They are all very Twilight-esque books. Purely for entertainment value.

Betrayed is the second book in the "House of Night" series. I'm not gonna lie here, this series is basically just a cheap, teeny-bopper knock-off of Twilight but I am still enjoying it. My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Dead Until Dark and Living Dead in Dallas are the first and second books in the Sookie Stackhouse series, aka the books the hugely popular True Blood TV series is based on. They are also about vampires but they're not just cheap Twilight knock offs. Definitely geared towards a more mature audience. My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

The Summoning is also part of a series (geesh...what is with me and series lately?!?). This is the first book in the "Darkest Powers" series about a teenage girl who can see dead people. A little "Sixth Sense"-ish but still enjoyable. My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

I'm honestly a little embarrassed about the caliber of books I've been reading lately. But it was summer and some of these were beach reads while we were on vacation. Don't worry though, I'm redeeming myself with the book I'm reading now. It's much more "legit". :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I read all of them...We have the same book taste!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)