Hello loyal readers!!
I apologize for my absence the past couple of weeks...but I have a good excuse! My husband came home for his 2 weeks of Rest & Relaxation from deployment! Annnddddd it was AMAZING!!! I know that word is an overused adjective these days but I really think it fits.
It started out a bit rocky with several frustrating flight delays. I ended up picking him up at the DFW airport at 4am three days later than was originally planned. However, in the end it all worked out perfectly and I really didn't care about anything else once I set eyes on him in person for the first time in 7.5 months.
In an effort not to bore you, I will just share some of the highlights from our R&R:
- Alex's first dinner back in the states at the ever-popular Texas Roadhouse
- Spending our 2nd anniversary in Austin staying at the beautiful and historic Driskill Hotel (and getting a free upgrade to the Bridal Suite)
- Spending time with Alex's parents as well as my crazy extended family
- A 4 night trip to CANCUN!! We stayed at an all-inclusive and couldn't have had a better trip.
- But most of all, just spending time at home, alone, just like a "normal" couple...cooking dinner, watching movies, snuggling on the couch, and doing dishes. It's weird how much you miss the simple things.
But anyway, I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!! He's loving, caring, funny, helpful, patient and so many more wonderful things.
The only thing that seriously sucks about having such an amazing R&R is that it really, really sucks when he has to go back. He left to go back this past Monday and I just haven't really been able to get over the slight funk I've been in since then (hence the lack of blog updates). I just miss him.
BUT, the good news is we are well into the downhill slide of this deployment now. Woohoo!! AND, I have freaking fabulous Army Wife friends who are there for me through all of my deployment funks. :)