Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

2011 Book List

Here are the latest books that I've read since my last post about books I've read in 2011. Feel free to click on the links to take you to my full Goodreads.com bookshelves to browse around.

(P.S. It's amazing how much more reading I can get done when I don't have a job! I've already read almost as many books as I read in all of 2010!)

Breaking the SilenceBreaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a great read and a definite page-turner! It left me wanting to read more of Diane Chamberlain's books.



View all my reviews


The Bright ForeverThe Bright Forever by Lee Martin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


While I do believe this is a well-written book, I found it a little too disturbing and depressing to go around recommending it to all my friends. I tend to like when reading a book is an enjoyable experience so I have a hard time falling in love with books based around a plot (in this case, the disappearance of a young girl). It wasn't for me, but I can see how others would like it!



View all my reviews


Moon Over ManifestMoon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The author of this book is actually a close friend of my in-laws so I may be biased, but I enjoyed reading this book much more than I anticipated. When I first heard it was a "children's book" I was more than a little skeptical. My mother-in-law assured me that it was a great story for all ages, and she was right!



View all my reviews


RoomRoom by Emma Donoghue

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Interesting book. Took me quite a while to get used to reading it through a 5 year old child's perspective, but once I did it was very enthralling!



View all my reviews

My Name Is MemoryMy Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Loved this book! I actually listened to it on audio book but I found myself wanting to get in my car and drive around just so I could listen to it! It was an enthralling story with love, adventure, mystery and fantasy. My only disappointment in this book was I thought the ending left a lot to be desired.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)