Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Clutter-Free is the Way To Be

Today I set about to clean off my dirty, makeup-caked bathroom counters...this is one job that I tend to neglect. I'm pretty decent about remembering to wipe it down with a Clorox wipe every now and again but it still needs a deep clean once in a while.

{This is a side note from the point of this post but my tip for really scrubbing off all that caked on mess is to spray whatever bathroom cleaner you use all over the counter and sink. Then wet a scrub brush and go to town scrubbing! It really gets all the grime up! Then take a damp sponge and wipe up all the crap that you scrubbed up with the brush. Rinse and keep wiping down until your bathroom counters are SPARKLING!}

So I started clearing off all the CLUTTER that had accumulated on the counter...hair products, ponytail holders, clips, toothpaste, deodorant, lip gloss, etc. Once the counter was completely cleared off I was shocked when I realized how much more RELAXED I felt looking at an empty counter top.

Right then and there I decided to find a home for all the clutter. Because this was a last minute and unexpected decision, I didn't get any "before" photos of my counter...but just trust me, it was pretty bad!

In the end I only left necessities and pretty things (like perfume bottles) on it. And it looked SO much better:



It's amazing how a little change like this can make me feel so much better! Clutter-free is the way to be and I hope to continue with my de-cluttering in all the areas of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)