Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup with a Side of Drunk {What's for Dinner? 3/2/2010}

Soooo you may have noticed that I did not update this What's for Dinner last night. My husband made me margaritas to go with our Tortilla Soup and I got a leeeeeeeetle bit tipsy. And then at about 8:30 I told Alex I was going to watch the rest of American Idol in bed. The next thing I remember I was waking up at 11:45 with my contacts adhered to my eyeballs and my makeup smeared all over my face. {I remember the college days when I could drink a LOT more than I did last night and party until dawn...now I have a couple sips of alcohol and turn into a sloppy narcoleptic. I'm getting old.}




Anywhoooooo, this Chicken Tortilla Soup was really great! {As if you're going to trust a drunk's opinion, right?!} Here is the recipe and we followed it pretty much exactly. The only problem with the recipe was that it made enough to feed an ARMY! Seriously. I have a GINORMOUS slow cooker and it filled it up. The recipe says it makes 6 servings but I think they meant 60 servings. {Okay, maybe not that much but you get the idea.} It was definitely way too much for just the two of us. We're going to be eating Chicken Tortilla Soup for lunch for weeks now....but I'm kind of okay with it because it's so good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one. :)